Mailers vs Mailer Boxes
Mailer boxes are physical boxes that are used to package and ship items through the mail. They are typically made of corrugated cardboard and are designed to protect the contents during shipping.
Mailers, on the other hand, can refer to a variety of different products used for mailing items. This can include envelopes, padded envelopes, and poly mailers (plastic mailers), all of which are designed to protect the contents during shipping. They are typically used for smaller items and less fragile items.
Advantages of Mailers over Cardboard Mailers
There are several advantages of using mailers (such as padded envelopes or poly mailers) over cardboard mailer boxes:
- Lighter weight: Mailers are typically made of a lightweight material, such as plastic or paper, which makes them less heavy than cardboard boxes. This can result in lower shipping costs and make them easier to handle.
- More flexible: Mailers are more flexible than boxes, so they can be used to ship a wider variety of items, including irregularly shaped items that may not fit well in a box.
- More compact: Mailers take up less space than boxes, making them more convenient to store and transport.
- Cost-effective: Mailers are generally less expensive than boxes, making them a more cost-effective option for shipping items.
- Waterproof: Poly mailers are waterproof, which makes them ideal for shipping items that need to be protected from moisture.
- Customizable: Some poly mailers can be customized with your company's logo or branding, making them a good option for businesses looking to promote their brand.
However, it's also important to keep in mind that mailers are not as strong as cardboard boxes, so they may not provide as much protection for fragile items during shipping.
There are several advantages of using Cardboard Mailer boxes over Mailers such as padded envelopes or poly mailers:
- Stronger protection: Cardboard boxes provide more protection for fragile items during shipping, as they are more durable and can withstand more impact.
- Better for heavy items: Cardboard boxes can hold more weight than mailers, making them a better option for shipping heavier items.
- More versatile: Cardboard boxes can be used for a wide variety of items, including fragile items, heavy items, and items of various shapes and sizes.
- Reusable: Cardboard boxes can be used multiple times, which can be more environmentally friendly than disposable mailers.
- Branding opportunities: Cardboard boxes can be customized with company's logo or branding, making them a good option for businesses looking to promote their brand.
- Better for larger items: Cardboard mailer boxes can be used to ship large items that wouldn't fit in a mailer.
- Cardboard is much easier to recycle compared to mailers.
However, it's also important to keep in mind that cardboard boxes are generally more expensive and heavier than mailers, which can result in higher shipping costs and make them less convenient to handle.
At EcoPackables we offer both mailers and mailer boxes and provide quotes that best suit our customer’s needs. The customer’s product and requirements often dictate which of the above will be more suitable.
Image Source: Pexels