Pouches are a type of packaging that are often used for a variety of products, including food, personal care items, and household goods. They are made from flexible materials, such as plastic, paper, or foil, and can be sealed to contain the product inside. Pouches are typically designed to be lightweight, compact, and easy to store, making them a convenient and practical choice for many types of products. They are also often used to package products that need to be protected from moisture or other environmental factors.
Advantages of Compostable Pouches
Compostable pouches are a type of packaging that is made from materials that are biodegradable and can be broken down into natural substances in a composting environment. Some of the advantages of using compostable pouches include:
- Environmental benefits: Compostable pouches reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills and contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Sustainable: Compostable pouches are made from renewable resources, such as plant-based materials, and can be part of a circular economy model.
- Customization: Compostable pouches can be customized in a variety of shapes, sizes, and designs to meet the specific needs of a product.
- Cost-effective: In some cases, compostable pouches can be more cost-effective than traditional packaging materials, especially when the cost of disposal is taken into account.
- Versatility: Compostable pouches can be used to package a wide range of products, including food, personal care items, and household goods.
Challenges to Compostable Pouches
There are several challenges to using compostable pouches as packaging material:
- Limited availability: These pouches are not as widely available as traditional packaging materials, such as plastic or paper.
- Cost: Compostable pouches may be more expensive than traditional packaging materials, especially if they are not produced on a large scale.
- Composting infrastructure: In order for compostable pouches to be effectively disposed of, there needs to be a well-established composting infrastructure in place.
- Compatibility with products: Some products, such as those that require a high level of protection from moisture or oxygen, may not be suitable for packaging in compostable pouches.
- Consumer education: Consumers may be unaware of the benefits of compostable pouches and how to properly dispose of them, which could lead to them being discarded in the wrong way.
- Quality: Compostable pouches may not be as durable or resistant to punctures and tears as traditional packaging materials, which could affect the quality of the product inside.
The environmental benefits outweigh the above minor inconveniences. At EcoPackables, we ensure the transition to compostable flexible pouches from conventional fuel based Polymers is smooth without hiccups. With Governments around the world turning a serious eye towards sustainability, it is extremely important for businesses to jump into the band wagon sooner than later.
Here are the three easy steps to move into sustainable packaging
- Choose the right material: With a plethora of films and laminations available, it is important you choose a material which matches barrier requirements, strength and shelf life of your product. We can study your requirements and advise on a material structure(with suitable barrier) and thickness(of film or laminate) best suited for your needs.
- Choose the right size: This is a team work where you and EcoPackables would work together to derive the optimum size based on your product.
- Create the artwork based on the die line we provide for your product. Once you provide the artwork, we will be able to provide the accurate quote with timeframe for you.
Get in touch with us either by clicking on the Quick Quote button or ringing the number on the top right corner.